WarGames

The movie is funny and attractive, at the beginning I was not expecting anything from the film, in fact I though the subject was going to be different from what I imagined when I read the reference in Ready Player One. The plot is amazing but dumb, maybe it was true, I do not know but the going of a kid being able to hack a super sophisticated army computer and initialize the World War 3 prelude is as I said amazing but realy dumb.

In other hand the other part of the movie, the militars and scientists from the base are again, dumb, the lack of mechanisms and plans to aboard a situation like the one presented in the movie is surpressingly worrying, the whole movie is supported with this premise, the lack of capacity of the staff of the base to deal with the idea of ​​someone being capable to hack their super sophistifies device so easily and their incapacity to detect and stop the computer malfunctioning

As an engineering I think the movie touch important subjects of our area, the importance in certain level of the documentation, the pros and cons of using backdoors, the cons of the blind pride of an engineer towards their systems (if the scientists chief had not been so proud arguing that it was not possible to a young kid to hack their machine alone withouth russian help, all the problem could had been resolved earlier). I think the problem could had been resolved easily if the scientists would have took some time to document what to do or how to verify the malfunctioning or search for errors in the developers code.

I do not want to sound like a critic, I really enjoyed the whole movie, I really felt tension at the end when the team was trying to avoid the missiles launch, the movie is really good, and I like that now I can "fill" the picture the next time I read Ready Player One.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

First Entrance

Ethical Reflection on Ready Player One